Wednesday, April 21, 2010

傻貓頭鷹跟傻貓咪

死線將於今晚降臨,還有七百多條未幹仍能心散,真的沒救了‥‥‥﹗

剛巧讀到一首挺可愛的詩︰

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But a child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is blithe and bonny, good and gay.

想起中學的英國文學課,那首 The Owl & the Pussycat,一首早已忘卻了的詩,由一位我們一班頑皮同學稱作岩士唐的紅髮害羞英國老師教授。早前 Phil 爸無聊唸起,他說這詩真有意思,還有很多老愛爾蘭詩,都零零碎碎的在他腦裡。我對文學沒天份,一想起詩便想起課堂內外要牢記的一大堆。從不會欣賞詩的我,就是覺得那貓頭鷹跟貓咪傻得可愛。

7 comments:

  1. Good memory you have! I still remember the Shakespeare plays and English novels I read for HKCEE and HKAL, but no way I can recall a poem like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've forgotten basically everything for HKCEE & HKALE... Lucky that I didn't have to study E.lit. / C.Lit. back then! This is one of the few poems I remember (it's actually a nursery rhyme I think), from F.3, thx to Mr Urmston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha... good memory, the owl and the pussycat! i just remember the name of the poem lei. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. 我未讀過"The owl and the pussycat",竟然是一首關於愛情的詩?!!!很可愛的故事呢!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. F.3, no wonder la... I thought how a few years of age difference could result in a completely different syllabus?! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pauline, haha, this is the only poem I remember from that year.

    凱允媽,那愛情故事,當年的我怎麼也看不出來,總不明白那兩隻o野在幹什麼,哈哈﹗

    Kikare, E.Lit. was compulsory from F.1 to F.3 in my school, otherwise I would never ever choose it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Compulsory from F.1 already! I only had Eng Lit from F.3. It was my favourite subject. I love it so much more than Chinese Lit. Don't think it's got anything to do with the language but the ways the subjects are taught though.

    ReplyDelete