Saturday, May 03, 2008

2 Long Weeks

In Germany for almost two weeks already.... All of a sudden the world seemed to be spinning, there were only chaos and tears from the other end of the telephone line. I abandoned everything and left HK in a haste to be with Phil here, two and a half days after he was sent to hospital in an ambulance. The physical distance spared me from witnessing the dreadful fact of him being tied and tranquilized, and the endless hours when he was simply not himself anymore. But still I wish I were there for him...

Though he's still in hospital, being able to smell his cologne again, to feel the soft touch of his curly hair, to see him jumping and laughing and to hold his hands as we always did, is already more than anything I could possibly ask for. It worths more than gold, more than anything in the world.

The doctors came up with all sorts of diagnoses. They are good and caring doctors, but we believe in none of them. He just had too much pressure and was too lonely for too long that his nerves simply couldn't take it anymore.... He walked out of the job he'd been in for 13 years one morning, and then he just broke down.

It's a breakdown but also a breakthrough, we are finally together again, the past year seemed an eternity, but it doesn't matter anymore. From now on, whatever happens, I will make sure we won't be separated for so long again.

Thank you for all your support and prayers. I am blessed with extremely supportive bosses and colleagues, who took up my duties and repeatedly told me not to worry and to take all the time I need. And to my friends, who offered me their sympathetic ears and timely replies. And to an angel from the German Consulate, without her I wouldn't be able to come and see my man so soon.

It's an unforgettable lesson for me, on love and life. I shall never forget it.

7 comments:

  1. Holly, good to know you are okay and with Phil now. Life is vulnerable. But with love, we can always find courage to carry on. As you said "It's a breakdown but also a breakthrough...", keep your spirit up! Hope Phil will be ok soon. It might be a long way but you are not alone.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god! he will get well soon with you by his side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care, Holly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 沒事就好…沒事就好…… ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Phil are in my prayer.
    Love you 2.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care!
    You are Phil's best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to hear from you that phil is under recovering. despite the tears, you learnt how precious he is. send my best regards to phil and see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete